Recently, I got a mac laptop at work, which is sup[er sweet, but I wanted to hook it up to a real monitor, keyboard and mouse. All very easy things to do. The problem I had was that the laptop was acting as the primary monitor. Every application that I drug over to the secondary monitor worked great, but the application tool bar was still on the laptop.. annoying.
I did a quick Google search to see if there was a solution to the problem. There was, and it’s dead simple to put into action.
Connect the external monitor
- Start up the “System Preferences” app
- Click on “Display Preferences”
- Within Display Preferences, choose Arrangement. You should see two blue squares that represent each display, main and secondary. On the main display you’ll notice a bar along the top.
- Click and drag this bar from the Main Display to the Secondary Display.
- Close Display Preferences
- That’s it!